Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Thought...Worry Less

I decided to start my studying in the New Testament with the book of Matthew. One passage really stood out to me especially with some of the things I have going on in my life.

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?...But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6: 25-34

As I read this passage, I wondered how much time I waste by worrying especially about things that I have no control over. I know it's good to worry about some things like having concern for a loved one who is sick. But how many times does worry consume us. My goal this week is to worry less and learn to turn things over to God.

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you..." Psalm 55:22

5 comments:

Tabby said...

Well said, Andrea! I love your thought for today. I think we all need to work on that one sometimes.

Stacia said...

Very true! I can get carried away sometimes and then by the time it's over it's never as bad as I thought it would be. I truely have learned that giving it over to God is so much better and if I have to do it 5 times a day that's okay...as long as I'm giving it to Him and not letting it consume me.
Thanks for the thoughs...

Dawn said...

Great Thought!

I have to remind myself of this all the time.

I'm so glad we are all doing this!

Sarah said...

It is so easy to let worry take over. I am trying to learn to give my worries over to God too. It is such a comfort to me to see how much we all relate to each others concerns.

Amber said...

I love this one Andrea, especially right now! Thanks for posting it.