Mom, Dawn, me, Allyson, and Ben (the dog)
I thought when Allyson came over she would be playing with Ben but she was more interested in playing dress up with my Indian accessories.
That same weekend, we went to Atlanta for an engagement party. The party was for Nirav's childhood friend, Neil and his finance, Kinjal. The party was hosted at an Indian restaurant called The Palace. They served a wide array of Indian cuisines: Punjabi, South Indian and Indian-Chinese dishes. Again, I meant to take pictures of the food, but I was too busy stuffing myself and checking out everyone's attire.
me wearing my punjabi and Mom wearing her saree

Neil, Nirav, and Neil's younger brother Nemil
Kinjal, Neil, Nirav, me and Nemil
This weekend, we traveled to Montgomery to visit Nirav's parents. They just bought a house for the first time in 20 years. While I was there, Mom had fun dressing me up in a traditional Indian saree. She also showed me some of the many ways to wear the saree.
Hope you enjoyed seeing me all dressed up in my punjabi and saree. You will get to see more pictures in about six months for Neil and Kinjal's wedding. I will have two outfits at that time...one for the Dandiya Raas (night of dancing) and the other for the Lagaan (the wedding).
Click on these links for a Dandiya Raas preview:
Professional dancers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQsK-cIIzK8
This is more like what we will be doing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liMj6GEo9Gc

6 comments:
Your dresses are awesome!! My favorite is the blue one....it is so your color and I love how you can wear it so many ways! Just beautiful! Can't wait to see the other ones...
Glad you had such a great visit with Neato's family and that they got all moved into their new house!
I love the blue saree! It's so pretty on you!
I think it is so wonderful how you embrace Nirav's culture and your in-laws'. That is so great!
Love ya!
You look so pretty in the traditional outfits. I like both of them! Missed you guys last weekend in Bham!
You look beautiful in the blue saree. You guys have been so busy lately. Hope you have a good trip this weekend.
That blue saree looks so pretty on you! You should wear it all the time! If I had one, I would!
Post a Comment