Friday, November 12, 2010

Fun with the Merchants - Part I

On the first week of October, Abigail and I went to Birmingham to visit all of her aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side of the family.  She had so much fun with all of her little cousins.  They were so happy to see her since most of them had not seen her since her 1st birthday.

On the first day of our visit, we went to Oak Mountain State Park with my mom where we got to visit the farm animals.  Abigail loved  seeing all the animals but got a little scared when they got too close to her.



I guess the goats smelled some of her cracker crumbs
lol...I thought this was so funny
Abigail and I got to pick Caleb up from school every day.  Abigail thought this was so much fun.  On one of the days, we went to the park after school.





Abgail visiting with her great-uncle Gerald
One day, we had lunch with Caleb at his school.  Abigail was so excited when she first saw Caleb walk into the cafeteria.  She was so cute.  We even got to walk him back to class and she thought she was going to class too.


My uncle George and cousin Kevin and his family invited us over to their family farm.  My other uncle, Billy, and aunt Sherry and my cousin Beth and her family also joined us there.
Caleb and uncle George driving the tractor
my cousin Kevin showing Abigail one of their horses
Caleb loved riding their pony

Abigail, on the other hand, did not care for riding
Addy showing off her gymnastics skills
Uncle Billy, Addy and Abigail
cousins Addy and Abby...two of the few girls in our family


It doesn't take much to entertain the kids in our family...just throw them all in a big piece of pipe and have their uncle push them down a big hill.




Abigail laughing at the boys rolling down the hill
Caleb was so proud of himself for learning how to ride the mule
Kevin and Eric...I think they were laughing because they remember doing crazy stuff like that when they were that age

wild boys...I love how my brother seems so unaffected by them
my uncle's cabin on the farm

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow! You have a lot of pictures. I'm glad you are so blessed with such a wonderful family. It's great for Abigail, too!