Today, we had our first book club meeting at O'Charley's. We're going to meet once a month to exchange books and just have some fun girl time. We all decided not to read the same book and discuss it every month. I mean who has time for that anyways with kids and jobs. I like this kind of arrangement much better...it takes the pressure off of trying to hurry up and finish a book. Thanks to Dawn for setting up the first meeting and getting our club started. Unfortunately, Dawn could not make the first meeting. We were supposed to come up with a name for our group at the first meeting but I think we'll work on the name a little longer. Bry suggested "Dawn's Book Club" but I don't think Dawn was too crazy about the club being in her name. I think the first meeting was a success and I can't wait until we meet again.
from left to right (Sarah, me, Natalie, Stacia, Bry, and Jeanette)

5 comments:
Great!! I am so glad you've got a picture! I can't wait until we can all get together for our next activity!
Yes, we are NOT going to call it Dawn's Book Club!
I just like saying The Book Club. But, we'll all think of something great!
I just put up a post about the book club too :-) Did you start reading your book yet??
The meeting Saturday was a lot of fun. Glad you finally posted some pictures, jerk.
I'm finishing up "The Wedding" right now but I should be done with it in the next day or two. Then I'll be starting "Hello, Darkness". I can't wait. This book club has got me excited about reading again.
It's got me excited about reading again, too, and I'm not even in it!! :)
Post a Comment